Prevention of recurrence is very important after treatment. Regular and extended monitoring is necessary to detect early relapse and manage the side effects of the treatment. Therefore, your doctor will recommend neurological examinations, blood tests and CT or MRI to confirm whether the treatment makes progress or not. In cases of recurrence, your doctor will suggest other sessions of chemotherapy and / or radiotherapy.
These preventive measures can help you prevent not only the development of brain cancer but also almost all other types of cancer:
- stop smoking if you are a smoker
- adopt a healthy diet
- maintain a healthy weight
- do physical exercise regularly
- Limit your alcohol consumption;
- Practice safe sex to avoid STDs, including HIV infection
- reduce your exposure to ionizing radiation, formaldehyde, vinyl chloride and acrylonitrile
- avoid prolonged exposure to sun rays or artificial tanning devices, such as tanning beds;
- Avoid prolonged use of cell phone.