The risk factors for neuroblastoma are not well known, there are only suspicions. Some of the suspected factors include:
- Family history – family history is the most suspected factor in the increased risk of neuroblastoma; however, a small percentage of neuroblastoma is related to genetics.
- Race – Incidence of neuroblastoma is higher among white children than among black children.
- Sex – incidence of neuroblastoma is slightly higher among males.
Other inconclusive risk:
- use of certain medicinal drugs during pregnancy
- use of hormones and infertility drugs
- using maternal hair dye.
Neuroblastoma Causes Neuroblastoma Symptoms