Symptoms of neuroblastoma vary depending on the location of the tumor, your age and the presence or absence of metastasis.
If the neuroblastoma is in the abdomen, you will experience the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain
- swollen belly
- swollen legs
- loss of appetite
- feeling of fullness in the abdomen
- need to go to the bathroom more often
- presence of a mass under the skin that isn’t tender when touched.
If the neuroblastoma is in your chest, you may experience the following symptoms:
- breathing problems
- swollen face
- Eyes problems: drooping eyelids, unequal pupil size, etc.
In addition, neuroblastoma can provoke the following symptoms:
- back pain
- bone pain
- irritability (children)
- curving of the spine (scoliosis)
- unexplained weight loss
- lumps of tissue under your skin
- Forward displacement of the eye in the orbit (proptosis); in addition, you may experience dark circles around your eyes.